- 2 large heads romaine lettuce
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, peeled and then sliced into very thin rings – I like to use a mandoline for quick, easy, uniform slices
- 1/2 c. sliced pepperoncini rings
- 1/2 c. sliced black olives
- 1/2 lb. provolone, sliced 1/8″ thick and then cut into 1/4″ ribbons
- 1/2 lb. good quality salami, sliced 1/8″ thick and then cut into 1/4″ ribbons
- 12 oz. cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt, if needed
- Italian Vinaigrette
- For the lettuce, I like pieces that are manageable bite-wise. I don’t want to also need a knife to eat my salad! So I first cut the romaine vertically two or three times, from the root end (don’t cut all the way through the root, to keep the head intact) to the tips of the leaves. Then I make cuts crosswise, into 1/2″ to 3/4″ ribbons. Discard the root end.
- Full Directions Here.