- 2 lbs. chicken wings (I do 1lb. drumettes and 1lb. wingettes)
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- salt & pepper to season
Chili Lime Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, to a small saucepan, add butter. Once melted add in honey, lime juice, sriracha sauce, lime zest, smoked paprika, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder and ancho chili powder. Whisk together to combine. Let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Once chicken is done add to a large bowl. Pour chili lime sauce over the top and toss to coat all the wings with the sauce.
- Garnish with lime zest.